Sri Potti Sriramulu Nellore District Cooperative Central Bank Ltd., Nellore has been functioning in the district since 1918 and serving the rural farmers and customers by providing various banking facilities and other needs required for Agriculture through 20 branches and 79 PACS affiliated to the Bank. The Bank is going to celebrate its Centenary in the next year.
- During the financial year 2015-16 the Bank has wiped-out its accumulated losses of Rs.302.65 lakhs as per the audited balance sheet as on 31-03-2016 and also achieved a Net Profit of Rs.27.15 lakhs. Further, the gross % of NPAs has comedown from 11.43 as on 31-03-2015 to 6.97 as on 31-03-2016. As on 31-03-2016 the CRAR is 13.14%
- The Bank has mobilized total deposits to the extent of Rs.178.80 crores which includes Rs.42.56 crores of CASA deposits as on 31-03-2016 with an increase of 34% over the previous year.
- The total loan disbursement during the year 2015-16 is about Rs.491.09 crores with an increase of 63% for the previous year. Out of the above, ST-SAO is Rs.291.91 crores.
- The total loan outstandings of Rs.430.53 crores as on 31-03-2016 which shows a growth rate of 44% over the previous year. During the financial year 2015-16 the Bank achieved loan recovery of 63.40%.
- During the financial year 2015-16 the Bank has disbursed Rs.109.49 crores to needy farmers through Direct finance and PACS under a new product namely S.T. others (Agriculture Cash Credit) under the refinance from APCOB / NABARD.
- The Bank is implementing Social Security schemes of G.O.I. namely Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bheema Yojana through its Branches.
- All the Branches and Head Office are working under CBS with APCOB coordination and assistance. The Bank is providing NEFT / RTGS facility and Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the customers.
- The Bank is working with a meager strength of 125 staff and working hard for betterment of the Bank and the farmer community.
DEBT WAIVER SCHEME ANNOUNCED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT
The Bank under the Debt Waiver scheme has submitted claim for Rs.153.26 crores for 46073 accounts to National Informatics Center (NIC). Total amount of Rs.80.00 crores was eligible for 28797 accounts against which a total amount of Rs.39.80 crores was released in 1st installment through 4th Phases.
Agriculture Debt Redemption :
The Bank has received an amount of Rs.7.02 crores as on 05-08-2016 out of Rs.10.72 crores from RySS towards 2nd installment of Agriculture Debt Redemption and the same was passed on to the Agricultural farmers through their accounts.
NON-CREDIT BUSINESS THROUGH PACS :
• 60 Paddy Procurement Centers of 47 PACS had done the Paddy procurement of Rs.212.78 crores and the commission thereon is yet release by the Department of Civil Supplies, Government of Andhra Pradesh for the year 2015-16.
• 68 PACs have undertaken Fertilizer Business to the extent of Rs.3771.97 lakhs during 2014-15.
• 41 PACS have undertaken Seeds Business to the extent of Rs.1703.86 lakhs during 2014-15.
FINANCIAL LITERACY CENTRES (FLCs)
NABARD is providing financial assistance to RRBs and DCCBs for setting up of Financial Literacy Centers (FLCs) to provide financial counseling services viz., education on responsible borrowing, proactively managing savings etc. to the general public. The Bank has setup 5 no.of FLCs located at Head Office and Branches namely Sullurpet, Naidupet, Kavali and Rammurthy Nagar.
Rupay Cards :
Our Bank has introduced Rupay Cards on 04-08-2016 for the existing, future and potential customers of APCOB and DCCBs in Andhra Pradesh. The cards should be given to customers who have fulfilled KYC as per RBI specifications and as per the Terms & Conditions of the Bank. The cards shall be given to the customers those who have opened savings or current account.
Micro ATMs :
Our Bank is planning to introduce Micro ATMs facility to the customers. The objective of Micro ATMs is to enable the Bank to provide doorstep Banking facilities. This will enable the customers to avail all types of financial services.